Wednesday, October 26, 2011

She's finally here!!

About 2 weeks back, on my 36th week check-up, my gynae said tht our baby is going to be big....as the scan showed tht she was already at 3.7 kg. Dr. Paul was concerned tht if we were to wait for her edd on sept 25, she might get too big and it would pose a difficulty to give birth naturally as i had planned.


Dr. Paul suggested tht we should induce the labour. My husband and i did not ask much coz we were not sure wht to ask! I would say we were caught offguard. When i was at 8 mths pregnant, the baby was only at 2.5 kg....and in a month's time, she jumped double her weight! And thn at 37th week, the scan predicted tht she was already at 4.37kg! Aduhai...besarnye anak ibu nih.


So lps checkup last tuh, Dr. Paul gave us a week to think about it. After asking around, did some research and thn ms last check up o Sept 14, we had asked a lot of questions to Dr. Paul....we finally agree to induce the labour on the night of Sept 18 and hopefully to deliver the baby on the next day.


I had checked-in into Prince Court Medical Centre at 7pm and by 8.30pm, the midwife had already inserted the 1st capsule into my cervix. And thn another one at 2.30am. After the second one, br la terasa ade ckit contraction but its bearable la. At 7am, i was moved to the labour room, which is just across the ward. Thn at 8.00am, Dr. Paul came in to break the water bag. Ya Allah, sktnye ms dia nkwat procedure tuh, which actually took less thn 30 seconds. I think hubby got a lil panicked coz he has nvr seen me in so much pain before ;). Sian dia.....


in the labour room.....sleeping, while i can :)


At 7pm, the midwife checked and i had only dilated 7cm. Baby' s heart rate had plunged frm 130 to 80...fetal distress. Dr. Paul made a call for emergency c-sect so tht the baby will not be in danger. At this point, i think i was a bit delarious already due to the pain, pain medication, etonox...at 1 point i was already confused which mask is the oxygen mask and which is the ethonox gas :P. At 8 pm, they got me prep for surgery....syed was holding my hands very tightly. I can see fear and pity in his eyes...he was scared. Me? Just wanted the baby to be safe no matter wht it cost.... Syed requested to be with me during the surgery. Dr. Paul ckp depend if they can do it via epidural, thn he can come in...if in any case they hv trouble administering the epidural (bcoz of my size), thn i would prbbly hv to opt for GA and syed can't come in.


By 8.45pm, i was already rolled in into the OT. Mama was already crying, hubby was crying as well. He kissed me and recited some doa for me before he was ushered to be changed into the OT attire. Long story short......epidural was successfully administered, hubby came in to accompany me at the table....and by 9.26pm, our princess was safely delivered :).... Alhamdulillah.....the nurse gave her to syed and he thn showed her to me. I was numb (literally speaking) as i can't believe tht this beautiful creature in my husband's arm is the baby tht i had carried for the past 9+ months! Thn syed recited the iqamat to our baby.....it was the most beautiful sound i hv heard in my life....only thn it hit me.....i am now a mother :)


After they've stitched me up, i was put on observation for 30 mins, before sending me up to my room. When i finally made it bck to the room, almost everyone was thr.....my mom, hubby, my bro and wife, syafiq and nita, my in-laws....penuh bilik :)! Everybody was esthatic. Soon after, my baby was rolled into the room...all cleaned up.


here she is! My beautiful Sharifah Aaima Nabilah.... 

her details....


She's the most beautiful being i've ever seen :). Within the 1st hour, i had managed to breastfeed her.....alhamdulillah. We were discharged 2 days later.

No comments:

Post a Comment